The Good Shepherd (John 10 verse 11)
Click here for the PDF printable template (Free of charge).
- Print off the template from the link above, one A4 sheet is required per child, again light card is recommended, 160g/M2 fits through an inkjet printer easily, or normal paper is fine.
- Cut out the two sheep patterns and the pictures.
- Have the children colour in the sheeps head and feet as desired.
- Apply glue (a glue stick is best) to the sheep with no text printed on it and cover with lots of fluffy cotton wool.
- Stick the eye picture beside "He looks", the ear beside "He listens" and the heart beside "He Loves". It is a bit of a squeeze!
- This craft is ideal for young pre school children who cannot read, the pictures tell the story, the eye reminds us that Jesus always watches over us, the ear reminds us He hears our prayers and the heart reminds us of His great love.
- Stick the two sheep pictures together to finish off, either use a glue stick, a stapler or double sided tape (good if you have less time so it can be prepared in advance and the children only need peel off the top tape layer).
- You could also use a large wooden craft stick (lolly pop stick) stuck in between the two sheep pictures, so the children can hold the sheep by the craft stick. A 3D wobbly craft eye would also be a good finishing touch.
- Please bear in mind that some of these craft items are choking hazzards or other dangers to young children, especially under 3's.